WHAT IS A HOUSE CONCERT?
House concerts are rapidly becoming a popular way to enjoy live music with friends, family, and acquaintances.
A house concert IS (NOT) A PARTY WITH BACKGROUND MUSIC, but a true listening event meant to support the artist – both with attention and income. Attentive listeners and supporters can enjoy the music of talented artists in an intimate up-close and personal informal atmosphere.
- A house concert does not require a large fancy home or complex event planning.
- It only requires a willingness to support live music by providing both a location and inviting guests to attend.
- A house concert doesn’t cost much (or sometimes anything) to put on.
- Some hosts may provide snacks or If alcohol is allowed the host might even suggest a BYOB arrangement.
- My current travel distance is within a 45-mile radius of OKC however, I travel further provided suitable accommodations.
- Your house concert includes two 45-minute sets with Maurice Johnson solo with digital accompaniment.
- I anticipate an entertaining, lighthearted and engaging evening with an attentive audience of both music and conversation.
WHO CAN HOST A HOUSE CONCERT?
(YOU) CAN HOST A HOUSE CONCERT! If you know 25 or more people who might enjoy an evening of jazz guitar, you can host a Maurice Johnson house concert. House concert hosts are people who enjoy and want to support live music and independent artists. In fact, some hardcore enthusiasts host concerts in their homes on a regular basis.If you live within a 45-mile radius of OKC you can host a House Concert with Maurice Johnson. Yep, just like it says, if you live within a 45-mile radius of OKC you certainly can host a house concert with me, but just to be fair I won’t hold your feet to the fire if you’re further than 45 miles. If you tell me that you’d like for me to perform a house concert in your home, let’s talk about it, and decide what’s the best make it happen.
REASONS TO HAVE A HOUSE CONCERT
You’re a HUGE Maurice Johnson fan! Your significant other loves jazz guitar. You enjoy having guests over. Your Dad’s retiring. Your brother is turning 40. Your girlfriend is a fan and you want to impress her with your good taste in music. You got a promotion and want to invite your friends over to celebrate. Really, you can come up with endless reasons to host a house concert.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The host, (that would be YOU) opens their home to me as a performance venue.
- You and your friends promote the show by inviting family, friends, and others with a passion and appreciation for live music.
- I will perform two 45-minute sets with a short break. During the break, I may talk with attendees as well as sell CD’s, or other merchandise.
- The host will ask attendees for a donation.
Donations remove the complexities of selling tickets and ensure the host is not viewed as a business. The host can collect donations by reservation prior to the event and/or at the door. Either way, be sure to include this information on guest invites. The host can also make an announcement during the show – something like this… “Thanks, everyone! Maurice Johnson is working hard and giving us great entertainment value. We’re asking for a donation of $20 per person – more if you can, less if you can’t.” If your guests meet or exceed the minimum donation (not including merchandise sales), you as the host will not be asked to donate. If guest donations fall short of the minimum requirement, you will be asked to donate the difference.
WILL YOU TRAVEL OUT OF STATE?
Yes, provided that proper travel and lodging arrangements are in place. Also, out-of-state engagements require a guaranteed minimum that is higher than my Oklahoma-based requirements, plus a 50% non-refundable retainer to secure your date. If you would like to book an out of state house concert email your event details to firstname.lastname@example.org for fee information etc.
I’M READY TO HOST A HOUSE CONCERT. HOW DO I BOOK YOU?
Once you fill out and submit the agreement form at the following link and pay a $100 retainer your date will be secured on my performance schedule. CLICK HERE TO BOOK A HOUSE CONCERT (NOW)